cblounge*blog

“Out of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you are the Charlie Brownest.”

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Gypsy Tea Room Closes in Dallas, Another Sad Day for Deep Ellum

Last weekend was the last weekend for live music at the Gypsy Tea Room in Deep Ellum (Dallas, TX). The doors are now shut and it is quiet inside. I was sad and even shed a tear or two when I heard the news. Sure it is not the best live venue, but it sure had some great shows. I saw some great Hip Hop shows there such as the Roots, Eric Parish, Guru, Biz Markie and Scarface. Even a rock show or two. I feel in love with my newest favorite band in the Tea Room (Camera Obscura). Some great memories over the years. Deep Ellum was heading downhill before this, but now I really do not have much reason to go down there. All the great places for music are gone (Trees, Deep Ellum Live, Gypsy Tea Room). Okay, enough being sad. Read the Dallas Morning News article about the closing.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home