cblounge*blog

“Out of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you are the Charlie Brownest.”

Saturday, September 23, 2006

To the Congregation

Dear Readers,

I want to begin by apologizing for my lack of presence here on cblounge*blog. My attention has been spread in too many directions. I want to apologize for putting you guys on hold while dealing with the chaos that my life has become. Life sure throws you a curve ball sometimes. It can give you that 180 degree turn when you need it the most. Destiny is funny like that. One day you wake up and the world is fresh, anew. A change of season. And I mean to say that chaos is not bad. Not all bad.

This summer has been a long and hot one. I have lived in the DFW area for seven years now and I still am not acclimated to the weather here. Muggy and hot. Yuck! What should I expect though. It could be worse. I do welcome the "end" to Summer and the beginning of Autumn.

The change of season has also been accompanied by many changes at the workplace. A major restructuring of departments within the company along with some change of direction or focus has really caused some shake-up among the ranks. Significant staff changes have taken place and as with any change of personnel, some folks are happy and some are not. As the bigger picture is actualized, it turns out that things tend to stay the same more than they really change. These staff changes have made my days much busier, but I think things are getting better. My optimism maybe due to a little R&R I was able to take in early September (which I will go into a little later). It could also be attributed to some other things scheduled for later this Fall and on into 2007. It could, just maybe, be a result of some these painful changes in the workplace. Whatever the causes, things have become more positive and much easier to tolerate.

As I previously mentioned, I was lucky enough to take a little time off in early September and visit my Mom and Dad in Amarillo. We three went up to our family cabin in New Mexico. My Aunt Sudie was also able to come for a few days. There was hiking, BBQ'in, laughing, repairs, and a day-trip to Trinidad, CO. We even got the shotgun out for some target practice. It was such a great time! I don't get to see my parents as much as I would like to. But I sure do value and appreciate the time we do get. I posted some pictures from my trip to my Flickr Account.

What else have I been up to? My free time has been occupied with fantasy sports leagues (baseball & college football pick'em), and my web site. I am doing much better in college football than baseball. My web site was recently moved to a new server with better performance and more capacity. I am also looking into moving my blog(s) to a new platform. I have also been doing some planning. I have finally truly decided to go to school. I will attend UNT beginning Spring 2007 (hopefully). I am going for my Masters in Library and Information Sciences. Yes, I am going to be a librarian! I will be visiting the campus in Denton sometime in the next couple of weeks to get the ball rolling. I am also in the planning stages of taking a European get-a-way before I dive into school. I am set to travel the first part of November. Details will be forthcoming.

I want to thank you for your continued support and hope you come back to the cblounge*blog.


Warmest wishes,

-cb
www.cblounge.com

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home