cblounge*blog

“Out of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you are the Charlie Brownest.”

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Is Santa Real?

Not according to a first grade teacher in Florida.

As reported in CNN: "Teacher tells kids Santa is 'make-believe' "

reading on...
"The teacher said none of the children acted upset or sad during class.

But Jolly and others disagree.

"How do you destroy a 6-year-old like that?" said Pam Sturt, whose son Bradley is in D.J.'s class. "

Personally I did not know this was such a touchy subject. I guess it is right on up there will evolution and prayer in school. Who would have know?
Link

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "We have no Santa clause," Donzelli said

    How funny..

    Still, I don't think anyone was destroyed by the teacher. Too strong a word. .
    The kids will end up a little disappointed, for sure, but it's all for the best in my opinion.

    If there's one thing this world needs, it's more people who question the bull that's fed them from all around and everywhere. Yes, kids should be exposed to the idea skeptical thinking as the way they were in this case.

     
  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:31:00 PM, Blogger cblounge said…

    When I heard this on the news, I just burst in laughter! I cannot believe this was on the news...at first I thought it was a joke. But no. I saw parents upset - more upset than the kids. Did the parents believe in Santa and this teacher "destroyed" their view? Just so funny.

     
  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You got that one right, sir.. It's the parents that got 'destroyed' hehe

    Grow up folks!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home