cblounge*blog

“Out of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you are the Charlie Brownest.”

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Addiction

I use to consider myself having a strong sense of willpower and the ability to resist it with ease. I never had a problem saying "no" to it. Even though "everyone was doing it", I was able to steer clear. That is not the case anymore. It was an average Saturday afternoon, not too long ago. It was not unlike many other Saturday afternoons being spent surfing the internet, playing computer games, or napping. And that is when it snuck in. It began with one. Then two. Then three, and so on. Now some Saturdays it is up to 5 or 6 while weekdays (yes, weekdays too) it is not unusual to have a few each evening. And while I am at work, it is all that is on my mind. That sound. I just will not leave my brain. Now, I can imagine what you might be thinking...no, it is nothing like that. My addiction is L&O: Law & Order. Yes, that is correct, the television program. It is one of my "programs" now. I use to really dislike the show, all the shows. I especially use to dislike "SVU". Now it is my favorite, mainly because of the cast. The other L&O shows are right behind "SVU". And that is my excuse for the delay in this post, my L&O addiction. If it has not gotten you yet, you don't know what your missing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home